Monday, March 31, 2014

My New Assignment

August 5, 2012 was when I last wrote in this blog.  I quit after that, but I am back now. Why today? God told me to and I have no idea where this will go, but he nudged me yesterday at church.  I saw someone I knew that was a friend of my daughter's.  She had her new beautiful baby girl with her and her mom.  Elizabeth loves this family, so I knew that she would want me to go up and say hi.  What a blessing that was.

As we were exchanging hellos and how are yous, the Mom said something about my journal that I wrote in when Pat was sick.  I told her that was my Caringbridge site.  Yes, that was what she was talking about. Then the friend said her mother-in-law lost her husband about a year ago and was really struggling and she thought that she might like to read about my journey.  She shared her mother-in-law story and I offered to send the link, www.caringbridge.org/visit/pateasterling, to her so she could forward to her, and that I would be glad to call if that would help.  I also shared with the mom and daughter that God had shown me my BHAGG (Big Hairy Audacious God Goal) recently while visiting this church.

"To share the experience of my journey of cancer, death and grief of a spouse  with others that are in the midst of a similar journey.  To testify to God’s grace, peace, faithfulness and gifts that He offers in the midst of pain and the changes of life that follows."

Since I have created the above mission statement, I have had two opportunities to share with those who have lost someone to cancer or is in the midst of the journey themselves. So, I believe that his is my new assignment.  Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment